We, Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Europe B.V. (“TOKE”), take privacy very seriously and undertake to use your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Below is our policy on how we use your personal data.
TOKE is the “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we collect and process your personal data. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in this privacy statement.
We may modify, add to, or delete part of this policy from time to time.
You disclosed to us your personal data such as your name, company you belong to, your position and business contact details by handing over to us your business card and/or through our communication face-to-face, in meetings, over the phone, etc. We have a legitimate commercial interest to use them for the following purposes:
- sharing them within our company
- sharing them with our global headquarter, Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., Ltd. (“TOK”), Japan and its subsidiaries in the context of reporting our business activities.
- storing, organizing and referring to them for our future communication with you on the subject related to our prospective business with you.
We will not use your personal data without your consent for any other purposes than those above. In case we would want to process your personal data for other purposes we shall ask your explicit consent to do so.
As far as we process your personal data, based on your consent, you can, at any time, withdraw your consent.
We will keep your personal data as long as may be necessary for the purposes described above or until you withdraw your consent or object to the use of your personal data unless keeping the data is a legal obligation for TOKE.
We may share your personal data with TOK and its subsidiaries.
We will not disclose your personal data to anybody else, unless we are legally obliged to do so, in order to protect your vital interests or when it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by us, namely to conduct our normal business.
When we share your personal data with TOK and its subsidiaries, we transfer your personal data to Japan and other countries, where European data protection laws including the GDPR are not in force. In that case, we protect your personal data by the data transfer agreement between TOK or any other subsidiary and us, which imposes on TOK or such subsidiary contractual obligations equivalent to those set out in the GDPR, of protecting your personal data. You can find the full text of our data transfer agreement on the following URL:
You have legal rights to request from us the following:
- access to your personal data and to certain supplementary information covered by this notice;
- correction of your personal data if inaccurate or incomplete;
- erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances;
- suspension of using your personal data in certain circumstances;
- obtaining a file with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and computer-readable format and transmitting those data to a third party in certain circumstances.
Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Europe B.V. is the data controller and is committed to protect your rights in line with the GDPR.
For further information and inquiry, contact:
Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Europe B.V.
Polarisavenue 11, 2132 JH Hoofddorp. The Netherlands